Monday, July 27, 2009

A slow beginning to the year

We started schooling again today. Very lightly though. We did some art appreciation, math games, phonics and handwriting. Katie is so happy to be back in school. For one of her assignments today she got to draw what her version of a middle age dress would look like (so I guess we did history too. Gotta love a good lapbook!). She adored doing this and asked if she could do another. Of course I said yes. Then I told her people draw and make dresses for a living. Her face light up! She was so happy about that and promptly exclaimed: "That's what I want to do when I grow-up!" So cute.

Owen was very happy at his little desk with some water colors and stickers. He has discovered the joy of peeling stickers and placing them everywhere! :-) He also helped me clean the dry-erase board and hang some more items on the wall. His big milestone today was counting all the way to 12 with me. He still needs to count with me but he knew all of the numbers between 1 and 12 to say them with me!

I am so looking forward to the hs expo this weekend. But, this will be the first time both of the kiddos go and spend the night with their grandma. I'm sad about that on one hand. But, on the other... I finally get to see Harry Potter!! Woo Hoo!

I am also happy the planning stages of school are winding down. My sewing machine looks so sad. I haven't made anything since the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment