Sunday, August 14, 2011

On your mark! Get set........ WAIT?????

Wow! This week has flown by. My church does a consignment sale each fall and spring for kids clothes and other items. I serve on the team that heads this effort. From Wednesday to Saturday night I worked 50 hours at the church. It was too funny. I told my husband I worked a 50 hour week and we spent money for me to do it. Haha. I got a lot of good clothes for the kiddos for way less than what I'd pay at the store though. It was also amazing to witness all the volunteers working to make the sale a success. We had over 370 sellers and over 40,000 items. WOW!!

So that leads me to tomorrow morning. I so don't feel ready. The planning is done, the materials are mostly laid out and the kids are ready.

Mommy's not ready!

I can't figure out where this feeling is coming from. I love homeschooling, but that nagging fear is here again. It happens to me every year around this time. Did I pick the right curriculum? Are the kids doing the levels they need to be doing? Will they learn what they need to learn?

Sigh.

The only thing I can think to do is pray for peace. Tonight I will also pray over my school room and over each child's desk. Petitions will go up for learning to occur, for good listening ears to be had, for patience when the kids are wacky (I am so not a patient person) and for God's love to be seen by my children. I will also pray for my friends who are homeschooling; that we all may know we are not alone in this journey and it's OK to be a little afraid now and then!

I will post about our first day tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment